Strategic Communication & Public Relations, M.A.
36 Credits | Online
100% Online! Practice the craft of communication ethically and equitably, building relationships that aid in achieving social justice.
Earn a Master’s Degree from an Online Program!
Washington runs on 24/7 news cycles, spin control, and strategic social media. Get the skills you need to be a communications pro! From national and global media outlets to public relations firms, from Capitol Hill to nonprofit organizations, the nation’s capital is the place to work in communications. At Trinity, you will gain the skills for success in today’s fast-paced communications field – and be ready for the next wave of new media!
Trinity’s Master of Arts in Strategic Communication and Public Relations online program trains the next generation of communication experts to think critically, strategically, and creatively. The program’s unique blend of technical and tactical course work prepares graduates to practice the craft of communication ethically and equitably. Significant individual study and guided independent learning enhance the academic experience and sharpen practical skills.
Career-focused: For those seeking to advance in their current communication role or seek a career change, this program positions graduates to be effective communicators and leaders in corporate, nonprofit, government, and private sector organizations. Students learn key communication skills – from content creation to digital strategy – to give them a competitive edge in the marketplace, for careers in strategic communication management, public relations, public affairs, and digital media.
Affordable: The Master of Arts program is affordable – with one of the lowest tuition rates in the Washington region.
Convenient: Evening courses are offered in a 100% online, accelerated format with eight-week terms, making it convenient to complete the 36-credit program (12 courses). Students generally take three courses per semester and complete their degree in two academic calendar years (21 months). Students may choose to complete the degree in three academic calendar years by taking two courses per semester.
Learn Your Way
Trinity’s accelerated graduate and professional programs offer flexible scheduling that works around your busy schedule, and gives you more ways to connect with your professor and our programs have learning opportunities for both on-campus and off-campus experiences.
Trinity is the lowest-cost private university in the Washington D.C. region, and can make getting your next degree a reality, no matter where you are on the path of life.
What You’ll Learn
- Crisis and reputation management
- Culturally-competent communications
- Writing for digital platforms
- Core web design concepts
- Social Media Manager and Analyst
- Media Specialist
- Senior Editorial Manager & Content Specialist
- Manager, Corporate and Internal Communications
- Digital Director
- Community Relations Specialist
- Marketing and Social Media Coordinator
- Senior Public Relations Specialist
- Communications Writer
- Public Policy Associate
School of Business & Graduate Studies Admissions Requirements
- Step One: Apply to Trinity
- Step Two: Submit Two Professional References
- Step Three: Submit Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Step Four: Submit Official Transcript w/ Conferred Bachelor’s Degree Date. International Transcripts must be evaluated prior to submission
- Step Five: Once your application is submitted, use your log-in credentials to check your status
- Students may transfer up to six (6) graduate credits from other appropriately accredited institutions of higher learning toward the degree with approval from their faculty advisor. Associations recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) and the Commission on Higher Education (CHEA) confer appropriate accreditation; these associations include but are not limited to regional accreditors.
- International Students must adhere to International Student Checklist: https://www2.trinitydc.edu/admissions/international-applicants/
- Military Students & Family members must complete Veterans Benefits Checklist: (https://discover.trinitydc.edu/enrollment/veteran-services/)
- Priority Admission Given to applicants with Academic Potential