Leadership and Organization Management, M.S.A.
36 Credits | Main Campus
Choose from three areas of specialization in business: Dynamic Leaders and Organizations, Education Leadership, and Human Resources Management
There’s a high demand for leaders who can motivate a talented and engaged workforce, develop training and education initiatives, and solve critical problems. There is also an increasing need for skilled managers who can implement programs to address global and local social justice and health issues.
Convenient: The Master of Science in Administration is an alternate weekend, 36-credit, 20-month program that includes an 18-credit focus in one of three career specializations:
- Dynamic Leaders and Organizations
- Education Leadership
- Human Resources Management
Trinity’s Master of Science in Administration develops leaders in public, private, and nonprofit organizations who can positively influence others to achieve goals and realize a shared vision.
Learn real-world applications of behaviors and attitudes of effective leaders rooted in positive values aligned with your organization’s strategic vision and mission. The program helps leaders develop unique attributes of self-awareness, self-mastery, interpersonal influence, critical thinking, and a problem-solving mindset.
Graduates of this program influence organizations including associations, businesses, consulting groups, government agencies, schools, colleges, museums, parks and recreation, hospitals, and public health organizations.
What You’ll Learn
- Project management
- Ethical decision-making
- Influence and advocacy
- Emotional Intelligence
Dynamic Leaders and Organizations
Are you seeking a career opportunity with leading employers recruiting candidates who can solve critical problems, manage day-to-day issues, and resolve crises? This program facilitates the development of leaders who have a positive influence on their followers, organizations, and their stakeholder communities to produce outstanding, innovative, and provocative results. Students of the Dynamic Leaders and Organizations program learn to:
- Apply sound and ethical values to ensure the organization’s growth and sustainability
- Understand the strategy and culture of complex organizations
- Share knowledge and information to make timely decisions
- Exert influence through interpersonal relationships
Dynamic Leaders and Organizations graduates engage in a variety of careers as:
- Change team leaders
- Development strategists
- Training and development managers
- Project leaders
Are you passionate about education for social justice? This program engages students in curriculum program development and teaching toward cultural diversity and inclusion. This program is designed for education professionals who have a career interest in educational administration or educational program management and do not require professional licensure.
- Engage in best practices for improving the community
- Develop socially informed curricula
- Promote diversity and inclusion
- Advance collaborative learning
Education Leadership graduates engage in careers as:
- Principals and Assistant Principals of charter, private, and parochial schools
- Educators for museums, aquariums, parks, and theme parks
- Education business managers
- Educational nonprofit leadership
- School central office staff
- Governmental education analyst
Human Resource Management
Are you interested in a career motivating a talented, engaged workforce? Engage in a program approved by the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) and designed to meet the SHRM competencies for leadership in human resources. This prepares graduates who are both competent human resources managers and who are able to express themselves as leaders from the C-suite through all levels of the organization. The MSA in Human Resources Management prepares students for SHRM certification (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP) or HRCI certification (PHR, SPHR).
Students of the Human Resources Management program learn to:
- Analyze programs
- Perform needs assessments
- Determine skills and competencies
- Develop training and education initiatives
Human Resources Management graduates engage in a variety of healthcare settings as:
- Human Resources Director
- Compensation Manager
- Training and Development Leader
- Talent Manager
- Compliance Manager
School of Business & Graduate Studies Admissions Requirements
- Step One: Apply to Trinity
- Step Two: Submit Two Professional References
- Step Three: Submit Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Step Four: Submit Official Transcript w/ Conferred Bachelor’s Degree Date. International Transcripts must be evaluated prior to submission
- Step Five: Once your application is submitted, use your log-in credentials to check your status
- Students may transfer up to six (6) graduate credits from other appropriately accredited institutions of higher learning toward the degree with approval from their faculty advisor. Associations recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) and the Commission on Higher Education (CHEA) confer appropriate accreditation; these associations include but are not limited to regional accreditors.
- International Students must adhere to International Student Checklist: https://www2.trinitydc.edu/admissions/international-applicants/
- Military Students & Family members must complete Veterans Benefits Checklist: (https://discover.trinitydc.edu/enrollment/veteran-services/)
- Priority Admission Given to applicants with Academic Potential