Health Services, B.A.
120 Credits | Main Campus
Trinity's Health Services degree prepares future health care leaders to confidently navigate the health care system and enact positive change.
With a bachelor’s degree in Health Services from Trinity Washington University, you’ll gain skills to uplift your community by promoting the delivery of efficient, quality-driven health care. Our nation’s health care system is complicated, and it takes the right training to understand the interplay of health care policy, finance and health care data to help those in need.
Whether your career takes you to the C-Suite of a large health care organization, or to the street-level, working with individuals, a degree in Health Services from Trinity will prepare you to face any challenge that you’re faced with.
Format: Trinity offers a Health Services degree in daytime classes for women through its College of Arts and Sciences. Alternatively, professional men and women may choose to take this program in an evening and weekend format.
Health Services Skills
- Become an effective communicator in the field of health care, and tailor your messages to any audience
- Understand the law, and how it can be harnessed to get the best possible results for people in need in your community
- Grow into a stand-out leader who gets the results their community needs
Health Services seniors can get a head start on their master’s degree – up to 6 credits (one course per semester) of elective courses will also count towards your Master of Public Health.
Accelerated Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) Degree Program
During senior year, health services majors have the unique opportunity to apply to the B.A. in Health Services to the Master of Public Health Program. The accelerated Master’s program allows select students to complete their undergraduate health services degree while also beginning graduate coursework towards a Master’s degree in public health. Click here to learn more about the accelerated program.
Your Academic Journey in Public Health
The Bachelor of Health Services degree program is part of Trinity’s complete academic program in Public Health, from certificate to an advanced degree.
What You’ll Learn
- Prepare to promote delivery of efficient, quality health care
- Master a foundation in health care systems and policy, finance, and data management
- Use effective messaging when communicating about a current or emerging health care issue
- Apply proven solutions to organizational and client issues
- Demonstrate leadership and critical thinking as evidenced by ethical and legal decision-making
- Managed Care Organizations
- Research Assistants at local hospitals and County Health Departments
- Health Educators
- Cardiac Rehab
- Centers for Aging
- Health Care Management
- Health Project Management
- Wellness Center Directorship
- Health Education
- Patient Navigator
Contact Your Recruiter
Being able to have one-on-one interactions with your professor is a plus because you can get the help you need and also have the opportunity to talk to your professor.
Jaquan Tyshay Peace ’19 – Health Services
Applying to the Health Services, B.A. Program
Applying to Trinity is free, and Trinity reviews each application as soon as it is complete: you’ll get our decision right away.
We’re here to help at 202-884-9400 or email@example.com.