Skip to main content

Office Information

What are your hours?

The Office of Continuing Education is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  Any holiday hours or closings will be posted in the “Breaking News” section on the Continuing Education home page.

My Course Information

How many credits are the classes worth in the Office of Continuing Education?

With the exception of the non-credit courses (Praxis test preparation, health training), all courses are worth 3 hours of graduate credit.

Where are classes held?

All classes are currently held online, in both synchronous and asynchronous formats.

How do I learn my instructor's name and contact information?

We do not provide adjunct faculty’s information to students prior to the first day of class.  Our Adjunct faculty work on a contract basis and begin working at the start of each course.  They will provide contact information at the beginning of the first class meeting.

Do I need a parking permit?

You will need a parking permit to park on Trinity’s campus. As of Fall 2013, parking permits are free.  All students who register for a course at Trinity will receive a parking permit from their instructor on the first day of class.  A permit is not required for parking at our off-site locations.

Do the courses in the Office of Continuing Education count toward a degree at Trinity?

No. Trinity degree programs have a set curriculum of courses that are not offered through the Office of Continuing Education.  In rare cases, students who need to meet general education prerequisites are able to take Continuing Education courses to meet these requirements; however, students wishing to use these credits for their degree program should get approval from their advisor prior to registering to ensure the Continuing Education course will meet their curriculum requirement.

How can I find out if a class will count toward my recertification or certification requirements?

The Office of Continuing Education does not offer degree completion programs, therefore, they do not offer academic advising.  To be sure that you are taking the classes that you need to meet your certification requirements, please contact the staff development or certification office in the county or district where you wish to certify.


How do I get a transcript?

To order a transcript, you have two options:

  1. Online: Log in to Self-Service (Trinity’s Student Account Portal).  Click on the “Grades” tab.  Then click on the sub-menu “Request a Transcript” and complete the form.
  2. On Paper:  Visit the Office of Enrollment Services website to download a transcript request form.  To speak with someone in the Office of Enrollment Services, call 202-884-9530. Mail, email or fax your request to:
    Trinity: Office of Enrollment Services
    125 Michigan Avenue, NE
    Washington, D.C. 20017
    Fax: 202-884-9524


My employer is paying for my tuition. Do I have to submit the payment up front?

Not necessarily, but you will have to submit a billing authorization letter from your employer which states that the institution will pay for your tuition. The letter must state the total amount that your employer is responsible for paying. If you are paying a portion of your tuition, you must pay your portion upon registration.  Your grade will not be released until Trinity has received payment from your employer.  If your employer does not pay before the start of the next semester, your signature on the registration form indicates your responsibility to pay for the course. Students that will be submitting a billing authorization letter must submit a paper registration

How do I register?

Please visit our registration page for more information about our registration procedures.

Can I submit my registration without payment?

No. Full payment of tuition and fees is due open registration. Incomplete registrations will be returned without having been processed.

What is the tuition?

All credit courses in the Office of Continuing Education cost $530 per course.  Students who register online for a credit course get a $50 tuition discount.  Non-credit Courses vary in tuition and have a separate registration process. You cannot register online for non-credit courses.

What can I submit to prove that I have earned a Bachelor's degree or higher?

You may submit one of three documents: a copy of your official final transcripts, diploma, or your teaching license if your teaching license clearly states the degree that you hold.

Why do I have to pay a late fee?

All registration materials (registration form, full payment, and documentation of Bachelor’s degree for all new students) are due no less than seven calendar days prior to the class start date. If materials are received after the seven day point, students will have to pay a $50 late registration fee.

When is the registration deadline?

Classes remain open for enrollment until the first day of class unless the enrollment reaches capacity. When registering less than seven calendar days prior to the class start date, students must pay a $50 late registration fee. To qualify for online registration students must request an online login ID and password at least 4 business days prior to the start of the course. Please visit our Registration page for more information about registration processes and deadlines.

Do I have to provide my Social Security Number and birth date?

Yes. For tax purposes, Trinity is required to have on record the Social Security Numbers and birth dates of all students. If you are uncomfortable writing either on your form, you may give it to us over the phone by calling 202-884-9300.

What credit cards does the Office of Continuing Education accept?

We accept American Express, Discover, Mastercard, or Visa.


I can't attend one of my class meetings. Can I still register?

No. Due to the intensive nature of the courses offered through the Office of Continuing Education, students must attend all class meetings. Students who do not attend all classes will receive a lowered grade, and may fail the course. Students who miss the first class meeting will not be permitted to take the course.

Can I register for a class that has already started?

No. Students must attend all class meetings. Under no circumstance may a student register for a class after it has begun.

Is it okay if I am late to class?

No. Due to the intensive nature of the courses offered through the Office of Continuing Education, students must attend all classes for the duration of the scheduled meetings.

On-Site Courses

My colleagues and I are interested in taking the same class. How can we arrange a special session to be held at our school?

To hold a class at an off-site location requires a minimum of 10 students. Please have the principal or business manager at your school contact the Director of Continuing Education at 202-884-9300.