Courses TaughtBADM 101 Introduction to Business
BADM 110 Foundations of Management
BADM 240 People Management
BADM 232 Mastering Management: Interp Eff in Wrk
BADM 352 Managing a Diverse Workforce
CRS 102 Critical Reading and Writing Seminar II
- B.A., Political Science, University of Hawaii
- M.S., Public Administration, Central Michigan University
- D.Mgt., Management, University of Maryland, University College
- I seek to consistently enhance the body of knowledge on the most powerful success factors for minority women, mentors, networks, and role models. I focus is on the importance that should be placed on minority women understanding how to gain access to factors that will propel them to the top of their careers.
Select Works Published
- Mentoring: A Key Success Factor for Minority Women in the U.S. Federal Senior Executive Service
Lynda C. Jackson and Marcia M. Bouchard, SAM Advanced Management Journal, Volume 84, Edition 4, 2019
- Mentoring: An External Success Factor for Minority Women
Lynda C. Jackson, Mentoring Institute Conference, University of New Mexico,
My pedagogy is focused on "love and learning". Teaching is my superpower! With this power, I seek to encourage students to raise their aspirations for top-level future careers and help them recognize their own superpowers. Along with Business, I focus on the significance of ethics, leadership skills, and philanthropic service. A textbook is always a wonderful tool, but I believe experiential exercises and interactive discussions involving critical thinking are equally valuable. Overall, my classroom leadership is directed toward impacting and inspiring students on a level that motivates them to reach for excellence in every single task they pursue. Overall, I want my students to know the power of building relationships and gaining access to mentors, role models, and networks are key to propelling them toward top-level career goals. My student-centered teaching involves consistently motivating students to reach for career success and settle for nothing less!