Forensic Science, B.S.
120 Credits | Main Campus
Gain a solid foundation in both the biology and the chemistry necessary for many forensic investigations along with applications relevant to crime labs.
Gain a solid foundation in both the biology and the chemistry necessary for many forensic investigations along with applications relevant to crime labs. Your coursework will integrate the sciences with courses in criminal justice. In Trinity’s state-of-the-art science laboratories, you’ll gain hands-on laboratory experience, learn critical thinking and data analysis skills, and how to effectively communicate scientific information. In the forensic science program, you will apply scientific knowledge and methods as well as articulate the connections between the sciences and other fields of knowledge.
Forensic science majors build and hone the skills needed for employment at forensic science and public health laboratories. They are also prepared to pursue graduate studies in forensic science and related fields.
Learn about Trinity’s Inclusive Excellence in STEM initiative.
What You’ll Learn
- Gain in the biology and chemistry necessary for many forensic investigations, with applications relevant to crime laboratories
- Learn how science informs criminal investigations through courses in forensic science and criminal justice
- Get hands-on experience with instrumentation essential for analyzing body tissue and fluid samples, including DNA fingerprinting, and detecting chemicals for material evidence, including controlled substance determination
- Secure a future in crime lab careers, such as DNA analysts, forensic scientist/specialists, and criminalists (firearms/serology/toxicology)
- Pursue graduate degrees in Forensic Science fields
- DC Department of Forensic Science – Latent Fingerprint Lab
- DC Department of Forensic Science – Public Health Lab
- Children’s National Medical Center
- Crime Lab Technician
- Crime Scene Technician
- Field Agent
- Forensic Examiner
- Forensic Scientist
- Forensic Laboratory Manager
- DNA Analyst
Applying to the Forensic Science, B.S. Program
Applying to Trinity is free, and Trinity reviews each application as soon as it is complete: you’ll get our decision right away.
We’re here to help at 202-884-9400 or email@example.com.