Elementary Education, B.A.
120 Credits | Main Campus
Earn your teaching license in Elementary Education to work with children in 1st to 6th grade.
Do you want to teach elementary school? Trinity’s program in elementary education prepares you to meet eligibility requirements for teacher licensure in elementary education (grades 1-6) in the District of Columbia. Once licensed, candidates may apply for reciprocity in other jurisdictions.
You will complete field-based experiences during your first and second years of study, two semesters of a practicum during your junior year (four hours/week), and a final semester in a school for the student teaching internship (full-time). Student teaching internships are in the public, charter, and private school systems in the Washington metropolitan area, and placements are made by the university.
Our courses provide knowledge, skills, and field-based experiences and include performance assessments designed to demonstrate a teacher’s ability to impact student learning.
What You’ll Learn
- Meet eligibility requirements for teacher licensure in early childhood education (ages 3-8) in the District of Columbia
- Complete field-based experiences during your freshman and sophomore years, and student teaching experience in your senior year
- District of Columbia Public Schools
- District of Columbia Public Charter Schools
- Prince George’s County Public Schools
- Montgomery County Public Schools
- Elementary School Teacher
Contact Your Recruiter
Applying to the Elementary Education, B.A. Program
Applying to Trinity is free, and Trinity reviews each application as soon as it is complete: you’ll get our decision right away.
We’re here to help at 202-884-9400 or email@example.com.