Special Education (Certificate)
15 Credits | Main Campus
Preparation to work with exceptional learners K-12 while earning credits towards a future Master's Degree.
The Graduate Certificate in Special Education will prepare you to work with students with a wide range of needs. Trinity’s program focuses on evidence-based instructional strategies and data-driven best practices to enhance the skills needed to help those with varying social and learning abilities in today’s inclusive classrooms. You’ll learn to develop effective behavioral interventions, differentiate instruction, and provide appropriate accommodations. Your courses will explore the intersecting relationships of school, home, and community and how they can work together to ensure all students meet their full potential.
Gaining a certificate from an accredited university can advance your career and put you a step closer to earning a degree! Trinity has small class sizes for individualized attention and faculty teach foundational knowledge in an applied format, integrating students’ work and life experiences with the course information. All coursework can apply towards a Master’s Degree in Special Education at Trinity.
Trinity’s faculty have extensive experience in a variety of special education areas, and our courses are designed to provide you with the content knowledge and skills needed to enhance education opportunities for students with special needs.
What You’ll Learn
- Analyze the historical, professional, ethical, and legal policies in Special Education
- Apply multiple ways to teach students with exceptionalities within a range of educational settings
- Develop skills to collaborate with other professionals in multiple settings (e.g., general education classroom, inclusion, resource room)
- Basis DC
- Ivymount School
- Center City PCS
- Special education teacher (teaching endorsement for grades preK-3)
- Residential Facilities Staff
- Special Education Advocate
Applying to the Special Education (Certificate) Program
Applying to Trinity is free, and Trinity reviews each application as soon as it is complete: you’ll get our decision right away.
We’re here to help at 202-884-9400 or email@example.com.