- Early Childhood Education, A.A.
- Early Childhood Community Education, B.A.
- Early Childhood Education, M.A.T.
Courses TaughtEDCC 330 Edu Exceptional Children & Youth
EDTE 436 Theory & Prac of Early Lrng in Math & Sc
EDTE 611 Literacy Dev Across the Curriculum
EDTE 613 Dev Concepts Early Child Math & Sci
- B.A., English Literature, Florida State University
- M.A., Special Education - Visual Disabilities, Florida State University
- Ed.D., Special Education and Human Development, The George Washington University
- Social emotional development of young children
- Trauma and trauma-informed practices
- Infant/early childhood mental health
- Effect of visual loss on young children’s development
- The Dean's Symposium, Recognizing Scholarly Achievement, Loyola College in MD , 2009
- Community Connector Award, Lt. Joseph P. Kennedy Institute, Washington, DC, 2001
Select Works Published
- The Changing Role of Catholic Institutions of Higher Education in Preparing Personnel to Teach Children with Special Needs (working title). Manuscript in preparation.
Celeste, M. and Brown, C., Anthropological Notebooks, 2018
- Parenting Interactions and Social-Emotional Behaviors of Young Children With Visual Impairments
Celeste, M., Elementary Education Online, 2017
- Assessment of Play Behaviours and Social Interactions of Two Blind Girls: Case Studies in Japan
Kobal Grum, D., Kakizawa, T. and Celeste, M., Anthropological Notebooks, 20, 2, 61-65., 2014
- Social integration of children with visual impairment, Elementary Education Online
Celeste, M. and Kobal Grum, D., 9(1), 11-22; retrieved from: http://ilkogretim-online.org.tr, 2010