Your Academic Journey: Public Health
This Associate’s of Arts in Health Services Degree program is just one step in Trinity’s complete academic offerings in Public Health, from the certificate level all the way through an advanced degree.
Health Services, A.A.
21 Credits | THEARC
Gain skills needed for a career in public health and explore the rapidly-changing healthcare landscape.
This health services degree program is designed as an introduction to the concepts and skills that are needed for a career in public health, as well as exploring the health needs of various communities in today’s rapidly-changing healthcare landscape.
To achieve your Associate’s Degree in Health Services, you will complete 60 credits of coursework.
The health services curriculum will prepare you to achieve a college degree as well as a Community Health Worker Certificate to become a trusted frontline public health worker who address disparities affecting quality of health and health service delivery. With your associate’s degree in health services, you will be have the skills, knowledge, and confidence to contribute to community health capacity and build members’ health knowledge through a wide range of activities.
What You’ll Learn
Utilize effective written and oral communication when conveying a message about a current or emerging health care issue
Apply evidence-based solutions to organization and client issues within the contemporary health care arena
Demonstrate critical thinking as evidenced by ethical and legal decision-making as a member of an inter-professional health care team
Demonstrate leadership to meet a health care organization’s or client’s needs
Health Care Management
Health Project Management
Wellness Center Directorship
Applying to Trinity’s School of Professional Studies
Applying is a five-step process:
- Apply to Trinity using the online application
- Submit One (1) Letter of Recommendation
- Submit Official Final Transcript(s) or GED certificate – International Transcripts must be evaluated prior to submission
- Submit an Essay: What unique qualities, experiences, or perspectives would you bring to the Trinity Washington University community
- Once your application is submitted, use your log-in credentials to check your status
- High school completion of 10 years or more with demonstrated work experience may submit diploma or GED certificate
- International Students must adhere to International Student Checklist
- Military Students & Family members must complete Veterans Benefits Checklist
- Priority Admission Given to applicants with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Students may apply for credit in experiential learning through program faculty.
- Transfer credits may be accepted toward a major if courses are equivalent to the program of interest.